"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Moving, Writing and Reading

I'm feeling kind of regretful today... one of my best friends, S., is moving out of state in a few days, and I probably won't see her again for awhile. It was kind of inevitable, since all of my friends are moving away to college, but it would've been nice to have the summer together.
I met her my freshman year of high school-- I had taken Enriched Physical Earth System Sciences (PESS 9), and was getting a D in the class (while not learning anything), so I got my counselor to transfer me to a regular PESS class. My teacher assigned me to sit right next to S., and we got to be fast friends by forming an alliance against a mean girl in our class. We've been friends ever since... but our senior year, S. and I didn't have much time to hang out with each other. After all, we don't take the same classes (she takes the regular classes and I'm usually in the enriched stuff), and we were both busy with our lousy amounts of homework. I regret not spending more time with S. then. We're planning on spending time together every day this week (yesterday, my friend K. and I went over to her house and we played board games and stuff). I love spending time with my friends, 'cause they're awesome! ^o^ 
But I digress; S. is a very good friend, and I'll miss her terribly. I have her new address and I plan on writing her often, but it's not exactly the same as hanging out on the weekends or whatever. Still-- I think we can preserve our friendship that way. I've never had a real pen pal before-- well, I wrote to my favorite uncle when I was a kid, but that really doesn't count.... ^^;
On a lighter note, I'm going to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian today, and I heard that it's supposed to be funny. And today, I'm starting the Pride and Prejudice audiobook I borrowed from the library. I decided to read it for two reasons:
  1. I really enjoyed the Kiera Knightly version of the movie, so I thought I'd like the book (because the book is almost always better than the movie), and
  2. Unlike most of my AP Literature class, I enjoyed reading Wuthering Heights, which was written around the same time (only a 34 year difference in publication dates), so maybe the styles will be similar.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to that. Besides, it will make my tasks today not seem so bad if I'm listening to Pride and Prejudice on CD.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment