"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Job Search Blues

So, the job search isn't going so well. I called back a place I thought I had a solid lead on, and the manager who talked to me didn't seem too optimistic. I've applied to so many places I've lost count. This is partially because every day my dad has come home demanding, "So, how many job applications did you fill out today?" Today alone I filled out 19. My brother, who is 17 and has less work experience than me, filled out one job application, and he got an interview. That interview was today, and guess what? He got the job. What the heck?! He fills out ONE lousy application and gets a job, while I've been working my butt off and get nothing? So unfair... I hope something turns up. It's already halfway through June and I have to go back to school in August. I've been working at this since I came home a month ago. It's getting ridiculous. This summer I was really hoping to get a job, even if I had to wear a dorky uniform and smell like french fries or wake up at 4 am for a 5-o'clock shift. I don't think I've been unreasonable with my job expectations, either. I just don't get it.... Maybe it's because he's a guy and I'm a girl. Wouldn't that just take the cake... but a few of my friends got jobs this summer already, some of them girls. Maybe I'm just inadequate. I hope that's not the case... At any rate, I hope I get hired somewhere soon. Or at least an interview.
( Wish I were here... )

No comments:

Post a Comment