"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Summer To-Do List

So, today I was reading a friend's blog, and she came up with 50 things that she wants to accomplish before she goes back to school in the fall. I thought this was a great idea, and decided to come up with my own list of things to do this summer. (some of them I stole from her list, but only because they were so good!) I think I'll stick with 26 things to do (after all, 26 is my favorite number!). Here they are:

1. Learn to knit or crochet, then make a Ravenclaw scarf for the HP7 (part 1) premiere in November
2. Go camping with my family
3. Go on a bike ride or a canoe trip with friends
4. Attend as many Clippers games as I can
5. Grow closer to God
6. Go to a concert
7. Watch a sunset
8. Watch a sunrise with a friend (after staying up all night, of course!)
9. Go to the beach
10. Take a road trip with friends
11. Visit my grandparents (both sets)
12. Read 5 chapters of the Bible every day
13. Start the Europe scrapbook before I forget everything (haha)
14. Go to a midnight showing of a movie
15. Have a HAM Night in Columbus
16. Cook a meal for my family
17. Work on my novel
18. Try new vegetarian-friendly foods
19. Walk Skye more often
20. Get a job (and make some sweet moolah)
21. Have a Harry Potter movie marathon
22. Ditto Star Wars
23. Get my hair cut in a cuter hairstyle
24. Play golf with some of my teammates from high school
25. Beat my dad in a round of golf
26. Read or re-read...
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    • Pride and Prejudice
    • Hooked: Write Fiction That Grabs Readers at Page One and Never Lets Them Go
    • The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies
    • Jane Eyre
    • Heat Wave
    • The Book Thief
    • Watchmen
    • Blue Like Jazz
    • The rest of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
I might be close to completing a few of these already... such as #20... keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I would come to Harry Potter and Star Wars marathons!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know! :) I'd need some motivation to get through one of those. just 'cause watching several HPs or Star Wars in a row could be daunting... but lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete