"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 11: Nicknames you have and why you have them.



1. K.
The reason I have this one is because of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and my best friend, C. We started writing letters to each other sophomore year of high school using only our first initials, like in Snicket's series. My grandmother somehow picked up on this and also calls me K. My roommate calls me this, too, because I'm so used to signing my name "K." at the end of my notes on our white board.
2. Kai-chan
My friend KT calls me this, because she thinks I'm small and cute, and we share a mutual fascination with asian culture. She also calls me Jaildo, because apparently that's what T9 thinks she means when she's typing my name in her phone. XD
3. Kaiberto, K-bob
My sister Leah calls me this because my siblings and I called her Leroy for the longest time, and she wanted to give me a guy name to for some reason (probably to annoy me).
4. Léa
This is the name I picked for my French name when I was in 7th grade. I used it in French class until my senior year of high school. In my college French classes, they always called us by our real names, which I have yet to get used to, and I'm a sophomore!
5. Kieleen
My mom calls me this because apparently at my first doctor's appointment when I was a baby, the nurse called my name as "Kieleen Norse" (when it's actually pronounced Kay-LIN NURS). She immediately thought, "What have I done to this child?" So she still uses it in jest.
6. Crash
My grandpa calls me this because when I was sixteen I got rear-ended and totaled my first car... basically he never let me live it down, haha.
7. Nourse
My golf coaches and my badminton professor (so consequently my entire badminton class) call me by my last name. I always thought that was weird... But I guess it isn't really, haha.
8. Mom
Yeah... quite a few of my friends call me this in jest because I have some sort of mothering complex, I guess. I'm basically a big worrier, always asking that they text me when they get somewhere safely... that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment