"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 15: A picture of you last year and now. How have you change since then?

This is me in June 2009 (so a little over a year ago):

THEN,
I was a senior at Worthington Kilbourne High School.
I was on the honor roll, and would graduate with honors.
I had never taken a college class, only AP's.
I had four best friends.
I had been to one or two midnight movie premieres.
I had just seen Franz Ferdinand in concert!
My house was a mess because my crazy family was remodeling.
I was worrying about what my roommate would be like.
I went to church, but hardly ever went to youth group.
The farthest I had driven at a time was an hour away to my grandparents'.
The only thing I'd bought online was a beanie baby on eBay.
I only cut my hair for Locks of Love, and was sure I'd never dye my hair.
I'd almost always wear my hair up in a ponytail, out of my face.
My best work was the 100-page novella about dragons.
I hated poetry.
I was much more naïve about the world.

and this is me more recently (let's say, November 2010):


NOW,
I am a college sophomore majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in French and Business at Bowling Green State University.
I made the Dean's List last semester and am hoping to be on it again this semester.
I have taken and excelled in three semesters' worth of college classes, many of them Honors.
I have six best friends.
I have been to five or six midnight movie premieres.
I just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!
My house looks great, but the family in it is still crazy! ;)
I consider my roommate among my closest friends, and I'm going to miss her when she moves out next semester.
I am involved with H2O and consider myself a strong Christian.
I drive 2 hours each way to come home some weekends.
I've developed a nasty habit of shopping online... :/
I cut layers and bangs into my hair this past summer, and I'm considering dying my hair.
I usually wear my hair down or half-up, unless I'm studying hard or working out.
I know that my best work is yet to come, with the new story I'm working on.
I still don't particularly like poetry, but I've come to appreciate it.
I know that I don't know everything about the world, but I'm eager to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment