"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 3: A picture of somewhere you've been.

I've been thinking about this, and though I could post a picture of Paris or the Rocky Mountains or Key West, the place that's close to my heart right now is my tree. :) But first, some background:
In Gilmore Girls (amazing show, btw), Rory goes off to college at Yale. She's a study-aholic, so naturally she needs a place to, but her roommates are all fighting, and the library is crowded, so she wanders around campus until she finds it-- her study tree. She calls her mom to tell her about it, saying it fits her back perfectly, and it's a great place to study... then she comes to her tree the next day, and finds it occupied by a guy reading trucker magazines. In the end, she buys the tree from him for $20. I always loved that storyline in the episode (4.06, "An Affair to Remember")... I'm not gonna lie, that's one of the things I thought about when I first came to BG.
I found it yesterday...


I was stranded in main campus, away from my dorm, and had not brought the right books to do my homework. I tried going to a computer lab, but they were all full... then, I walked over to where my next class would be, half an hour later, and I saw it-- it was love at first sight. It's like a chair, I can sit in it and not have my back cramp, and it's not too high off the ground... I hope some guy doesn't steal my study tree... 'cause honestly, I don't have the $20 to spare right now. Haha.

*Also, in the lower picture, is my new bag I got from ThirtyOne! Eee! I love it so much. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment